Monday, October 22, 2012

Blog design

Trying to decide the most user friendly way to set up my blog.  I want readers to easily be able to go back and follow my surrogacy journey.  Anyone out there familiar with the process?

Hang with me as I figure this out! I don't want to post a ton because I don't want people to get frustrated trying to navigate through a bunch of dead ends or cyber weeds just to get what they're looking for.  If there's anything that really gets on my nerves, it's having to spend five, ten or even twenty minutes digging through someone's blog just trying to find what I want.  Any of my Pinterest followers can relate to that!

The plan is to split my blog into a few easy to navigate sections.  Surrogacy, Pinterest and personal.  The personal side will be not be so much about my day to day life, but more about my life as related to others.  Parenting, the current state of surrogacy in the US and countries across the world and other things that inspire me along the road.

The older I get the more difficult this web  stuff gets.  If this had been ten years ago and this were xanga, I would have easily created five different layouts.  Oh xanga, those were the good old days in the world of blogging.  Before facebook, before twitter and even before myspace.  We do all remember myspace, don't we?

6 comments:

Mormon Surrogate said...

New follower...
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

hi just thought you oughta know there is an episode of true life currently in production called true life:im a surrogate... it will be airing in december!!

Mrs. B said...

You should play around with the dynamic templates Blogger offers. There's one called 'flipcard' that lets viewers organized your posts by 'recent', 'date', label', or 'author'. So if you set that up, all you have to do is go back and label each post as 'surrogacy', 'personal', 'pinterest', and whatever else.

Tara said...

Hi Roxy! I followed you over from SMO in a thread today about twins. :) Crazily enough, I think we live in the same city (I recognized Oklahoma Joe's). I promise I'm not a stalker but I guess it really is a "small world." Anyway, I appreciated being able to read back on your journey. Hopefully I will be beginning my own journey soon! :)

Tara

Roxy3giraffe said...

Yay! I did some playing around with it and I did archive/label the posts. I just wish there was a tab on the first page that people could click and get to all the surrogacy posts!

Hi Tara! If you're from the KC area, then yep! We're from the same area :-) Be on the lookout in January. I'll be starting a thread in the "get togethers" section on SMO. The KC area surros usually meet up for dinner/lunch at a restaurant (2 years ago at Zona Rosa, last year The Legends). The more the merrier :-)

Tara said...

Yes, I'm in OP. So glad to know there will be a get together soon! I would love to talk to more surros IRL. I'll watch for it. :)