Tuesday, February 19, 2013

KC Surro Get Together

Went to my 3rd annual KC surro get together and 4th surrogate meet-up overall and had a blast, as usual. The location was the same Olive Garden SO and I had our first date at once upon a time. When compared to all the pregnant ladies we had last year, no one was pregnant or even cycling at the time of the meet up. So we all took advantage of the situation and had wine with dinner :-D

We had one GS, who is now retired, one of my fellow October cycling buddies (who didn't get pregnant that cycle and her last IP's just broke off their match because of financial issues but is hoping to match again soon), myself who is possibly matched with an IP (Shhhhh) a lovely TS who I believe is matched again, and a few new to the game girls who are going through the matching process.

Even having been through this once before, I always feel like I'm learning. Getting everyone together is  so great. We talked and talked and talked. Had a lot of laughs and briefly considered offering condoms to the table of teenagers who were obviously dressed to go to a formal dance. We were a little fearful of being flashed by the girls dresses (or lack thereof ;-) ). As we were walking out, I shrieked that I almost forgot to get a picture (one person managed to escape before the camera came out lol).  Good times. We always say we're going to get together more than once a year but then January rolls around again and I set up the next meet up.  One of the girls just moved out of state but I hear she'll be in town sometime this summer.  Might be a good excuse to get together again.  Here's the picture (forgive the goofy look of the short girl in the gray coat ~ahem~ me. It was the only picture that didn't turn out blurry.



10 comments:

Kimmie said...

How awesome! I live in Lone Jack...not far from KC!!

Kimmie said...

I guess I should add, I'm a GS. Lol. :) 3 days away from transfer!

Dalia said...

Sounds like a great get-together. And you don't look goofy at all. LOL I know what you mean, though, about planning to get together more often and then before you know it, months have gone by. I need to be better about it myself. And congrats on your potential match. :-)

Roxy3giraffe said...

Hi kimmie! You'll have to join us some time :-):How did your transfer go?

Dalia- Thanks! I'm super excited! I keep telling everyone I'll be responsible for this new year meet up and someone else can take the rest of the year lol.

selectsurrogacyblog said...

There are no two ways that India is the world leader in attracting patients from across the borders for medical treatment in India like IVF India Cost, Surrogacy Cost India, IVF Cost in India, IVF Centre in Delhi, IVF Centre India, Surrogacy Cost in India, IVF Cost India, brain surgery at best hospitals in India.

Barb said...

I'm in KC (actually Overland Park) and am looking for other surrogates to talk with in the area. I'm currently pregnant with twins for a couple here in the area. How did you guys all meet?

Roxy3giraffe said...

We all post on an online surrogate forum. Occasionally we decide to meet up :-) We try and rotate what side of town we meet in. That last meet up was actually at Olive Garden in OP! Here's a link to the SMO for you

http://www.surromomsonline.com/support/forum.php

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy! I'm new here. IP mother exploring all options I can get to find the right GC. We reside in NYC. Are you still considering another pregnancy soon as a gc? Any recommendations? need help!!!!

Ranbeer singh said...

Surrogacy arrangements are complex and involve medical, emotional, financial and legal issues. More Australians are considering surrogacy as a means to having a child because there is a decline in the number of children available for adoption, whereas they can access assisted reproductive treatment (ART).

Surrogate mother

A surrogate mother is someone who conceives, carries and gives birth to a child for another person or couple (intended parents or commissioning parents). The surrogate mother agrees to give the child to that person or couple after the birth.

Lynne Austin said...

I guess i should also add that i am a egg donor. i am also looking for surrogacy clinic in delhi